Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Smarty Pants

I have been told by several parents that I needed to buy the video The Letter Factory for Karlee. It is a cute video that teaches kids the alphabet. We got Karlee the movie for Valentine's Day and she loves it. She wants to watch it everyday! So after 2 weeks of watching The Letter Factory Karlee knows most of her letter sounds! ( you have to pause the music so you can hear)

Karlee doesn't know the letters if you show her on paper she just knows the sounds they make. I am not a crazy parent that is trying to teach her how to read already. But I do wonder how a 20 month old can learn the sounds and I had 2nd graders that just couldn't get them.

6 comments:

Crystal said...

What a smart gal. It's amazing how much they can learn when they're so little. If you want to help her with recognizing the letters too. There is a really cute alphabet zoo game at fisherprice.com. Harlie loved it when she was about Karlee's age.

TT, Buzz and Kids said...

The letter factory is wonderful!!! We show it in my preschool to helped my students, and they love it. Good job!!! She is a doll!!!

Unknown said...

Wow I am impressed! Hunter loves it to but wow that is amazing! Good job Karlee!!!!!

Aubrey said...

She really is a smarty pants. Her hair seems so much longer than it did a month ago.

Brad Zaruba said...

There's a line from a movie that says "learning can be lots of fun". It sounds as though this proves that point. Keep up the good work.

The Olsons said...

It took Skylar about 2 times watching letter factory to know all of her letters. We had been working on them some but now when we are out she tells us the letters on everything. She has all four of the leap frog vidoes but letter factory is her favorite. She is always telling my letters and their sounds