Tuesday, February 16, 2010

What's up with Us

Not much! Thing are pretty boring around here but we are having the nicest weather! Karlee wants to go to the park everyday. Every time we get in the car she says, Park? She loves the swings and the slides.


We finally got Karlee a little booster seat so she doesn't have to sit in her high chair anymore. She loves sitting in her big girl chair!
She is in the "I want to do everything by myself" stage. It was cute at first but now it is just annoying. It takes five time longer and usually everything ends up being five times messier when she does it herself. I guess she has to learn though:)


Karlee will be 20 months on Friday so I know she is still young but sometimes Jeff and I think she is ready to be potty trained. My friend Ari Anna told me to go to pullups.com for ideas and steps on potty training. The first thing I read was to make it a celebration. So, we bought Karlee a potty and I wrapped it up and gave it to her.

At first she was excited!

She still likes her potty but she likes sitting on it with her clothes on. I don't think she realizes it doesn't do any good to sit on the potty with her diaper on. Now we need to decide if we should push this or just give it up for awhile. I don't know how you ever get them to go the first time?

Jeff and I are too practical for flowers. They cost a lot of money and die shortly after you get them. However, I still love them! Jeff totally suprised me with these beautiful roses for Valentines! I had no idea since he had tricked me into thinking he didn't even know when Valentine's day was. Since Jeff is really busy right now it was nice being able to spend time together this weekend just the three of us.
Other than that I am getting bigger by the day. Not loving that part but otherwise I feel great!

5 comments:

Jossie said...

I think it's awesome that you are introducing the idea of the potty to Karlee. I think you just kind of see how she does with it. With Tyler we kind of just let him play with the little potty, sit on it (with and without clothes on....especially right before a bath), etc. We would give him stickers for things like sitting on it, and then when he started going in it, obviously he earned more stickers. Just make it fun for her and don't push it too much. She'll do it when she is ready :-) We also got Tyler big boy undies and made a big deal out of it that he could wear them when he went in the potty. He really liked that. Good luck!

Ari Anna Johnson said...

Actually letting her sit on it with her diaper on is a great starter idea! If you can have her recognize when she needs to go then that is a great start even if the diaper is still on! I am trying that with Hunter and number 2! He loves to pee on the pot but number 2 scares him so I am going to put his diaper on him and put him on the pot at the same time! I read that is a great idea! Good luck, did you get the FREE DVD from Pullups yet!

Phil and Cami said...

First of all...we want pictures of that growing belly in all it's cuteness!!!
Second, clothes on is a great idea! CJ used to sit on the potty bare bottom for up to fifteen minutes with nothing happening. I couldn't figure out how to get him to go on the potty! One person said to give him a bowl of warm water to play with while he's sitting on it. I didn't try it, but I guess it's supposed to help give a sensation that they have to go.
I recomend the book, "Potty Train you child in just one day" by Teri Crane. I didn't use most of the book as CJ was potty trained while on vacation with my parents. I had planned on throwing a potty party right after vacation. I don't really know if you can really train them in a day, but she has some awesome ideas! It's a really fast read, too. I just checked it out from the library. Good luck with it. Don't give up on it, yet. We started CJ on the "baby potty" when he was 16 months. We didn't fully train him until he was 27 months, but that's because we just let him stay in diapers until after Caed was born. Once we took him out of diapers and let him go bare, he was trained in about 2 days. Pee and poop. He still wears pullups to bed. Also, (sorry this is really long) we found it far more helpful to take him out of all bottom clothing so he ran around half naked for about two weeks. (We wanted to make sure he wouldn't revert if we put underwear on.) When I went back to work, Phillip put him in pullups for ease...and he started peeing his pants. As long as he's in big boy underwear, he's pretty good.
And last word of advice...do what you guys feel is best. I wanted to fully potty train CJ way sooner but listened to all my friends when the said, "oh, don't potty train before a baby comes! You'll just have to retrain him afterwards!" I wish I wouldn't have listened...he was ready so much sooner. Just follow your gut!

The Barbers said...

There is no such thing as being too practical!! I love flowers too :) Something about them just makes your day! Good luck with potty training! How exciting

Aubrey said...

She looks so big in her chair at the table. I can't stand how fast she's growing up.