On December 22nd we loaded the truck in Las Vegas and moved to California! I was so grateful that Aubrey flew down to help. We actually moved on her birthday but she was so great about it and helped us out so much. We also had over 20 guys from the ward show up and help us load the truck. It all went really fast. After the truck was packed Jeff left so he could get the key so we could get in our new place. Aubrey and I stayed for a couple hours and finished cleaning but then we drove off for the last time.
The kids all stayed in Kyler's room the night before me moved. It was a little emotional for me because this was the crib/room where they all slept when they came home from the hospital. This was Karlee, Karson, and Kyler's 1st bedroom.
Here we are about to leave Las Vegas. I don't think I even cried that day because by this point I was just ready to be done with the whole moving process. I had cried enough the month before at just the thought of moving. The kids and I were actually a little excited to get to California and see where we would be living.
Leaving Las Vegas is one of the hardest things I have had to do. I would have never thought that I would live in California but I never thought I would live in Vegas either. Vegas will always be special considering I finished college there, met Jeff there, and had our three kids there. Change is always hard but it can be so exciting too! We are excited to meet new people, live close to the beach, and find fun things to do in a new area.
3 comments:
that day could have been worse, but i sure am glad it's over.
Where in California are you guys?
Oh reading this just made me want to cry!! I know how much you loved Vegas, something about that place gets under your skin :) I still miss it and it has been 5 years! I am excited for your new adventures though :)
Post a Comment