Thursday, April 12, 2012

Gender Reveal

I have to admit waiting until I was almost 23 weeks to find out the sex of the baby was pretty hard.  I have a ton of friends pregnant right now that are due this summer and it seems like they have all known for weeks what they are having. Eventhough it was hard it was definitely worth it to wait and find out with a gender reveal cake. 

Jeff and I went to the ultrasound 2 weeks ago today.  I told the tech we didn't want to know the sex so she told us to close our eyes when she was looking in that area.  At the end of the appointment she put a picture of the baby and wrote down what it was and stuck it in an envelope that I had already addressed to Aubrey.  She sealed it up so we didn't have a chance to peak and we mailed it off to Salt Lake.  A few days later Aubrey got the envelope and she was the only one who knew what we were having. She then got to work (along with her friend) on this cute bear cake to take down to St. George this past weekend. 

WE ARE BEARY EXCITED FOR THE NEW VOCANA BABY!!
Karlee was so excited to find out if she was having a sister or another brother.  Karson still doesn't really know what is going on.

 It's a BOY!!

It was so fun finding out with Aubrey, my Grandma and Grandpa Mathis, my aunt and cousins, and Ashley, my parents, and Jeff"s parents on skpe and facetime.
We are so excited to have another baby boy!  It will be so great for Karson to have a little buddy to play with.  Eveyone keeps asking me how Karlee is taking it.  As soon as I saw the blue I actually looked at her and wanted to make sure she was okay.  I know she is a little disappointed.  She said, mom I thought it was going to be pink.  She also went up to Aubrey and asked why she didn't make the cake pink.  I think she still thinks Aubrey has something to do with deciding what the baby is.
It didn't take her long to dig right into the cake though!  We have talked about it and she is happy for a baby brother.  When the baby comes she will just love helping and holding the baby that it won't matter if its a boy or girl.

Thanks Aubrey for the fun gender reveal!! 

2 comments:

Aubrey said...

i'm so glad you decided to wait. it was way more fun that way.

The Woods People said...

That was a really cute way to find out. That's exciting for Karson to have a little buddy on the way!