Wednesday, August 3, 2011

What happened to my baby?

Not that long ago Karson was our little baby and in just the last few weeks he is starting to act like a big boy. When we were at the beach I gave him a fork and now he always wants to eat with a fork.

He just started sitting at the table with us so it is time to put the highchair away.

In the last little bit Karson has really started to like books. He is so excited to read before going to bed. After I read to him he takes his books to Jeff and has him read them all over again.

Karlee seems so old too! I can't believe the things that she says. Her thing right now is calling Jeff by his name. She asks where Jeff is and says hi Jeff instead of Daddy. It is pretty funny:)


Last weekend we got to see our friends the Woods and their two cute kids for a couple of hours. Cohen and Karlee have been friends since they were babies and they moved to New Mexico last year. It was fun to see them and it didn't take the kids long to get reaquainted.

I do miss my baby but it is kind of fun having two toddlers in the house that are pretty independent. Karson is getting into everything though and thinks it is pretty funny when he makes a mess. He is learning some little sneaky things from Karlee and I think we are in for some trouble.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

I always feel this way about my kids too. Schaeffer seemed to grow up especially fast. It's sad to know that their baby days are done, but there are definitely some perks to your kids learning to be more independent:).

Sheryl, Derick, and Kaylie said...

Chels I can't believe how big they are both getting! They definitely don't stay in the baby stage for long!